Waste Management encourages customers to honor the fathers in their lives by giving eco-friendly gifts.
OAKLAND — June 13, 2012 – Father’s Day is just around the corner, and while power tools are often the best way to show dad just how grateful you are for all he does to enrich your life, why not give him an eco-friendly gift that also respects planet earth. Here are a few gift ideas that will last long after Father’s Day has passed and make dad feel really special.
- A lot of dads see power tools as just toys for grown-ups. EcoHearth’s Eco Shop may have the tool for him. Made to tackle any project, these tools are eco-friendly too.
- Perhaps your dad would enjoy brewing his own green beer? With a Brew Organic’s brew kit, Dad can create his own organic formula to sip on while watching his favorite sporting event.
- For the green thumbs who need to give their yards an extra boost or want to start an organic garden, there are the high grade WM EarthCare™ products – sourced and produced locally, and 100 percent recycled.
- Give gifts that don’t require much packaging, such as concert tickets and gift certificates.
- Bake cookies or other goodies for your dad and package them in reusable and/or recyclable containers as gifts. Homemade goodies show how much you care and help you avoid packaging waste.
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT OF THE CAL BAY
Waste Management of the Cal Bay Area is a community-based provider of environmental solutions. We offer residential and commercial curbside collection for recycling, composting and disposal. Our fleet of natural gas vehicles are powered with gas made from trash at the Altamont Landfill in Livermore. WM EarthCare (www.wmearthcare.com) is our closed loop solution to organic waste. We deliver local solutions with the knowledge and resources of the nation’s largest recycler, Waste Management.
About Waste Management
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also one of the largest residential recycler and a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn more information about Waste Management visit www.wm.com.