This crime bulletin from the Albany Police Department for the shifts from Oct. 9-15 contain calls Patch considers notable. Click the "Keep me posted" button below for an alert when we publish this report.
Monday, Oct. 15
- 6:05 p.m.: Petty theft was reported on Ramona. Jewelry was taken from a residence.
Sunday, Oct. 14
- No notable calls listed.
Saturday, Oct. 13
- No notable calls listed.
Friday, Oct. 12
- 2:51 p.m.: Petty theft was reported on Evelyn. About $15 was reportedly stolen from a blue 2002 Honda Insight. No car damage was reported.
- 5:40 p.m.: A suspicious circumstance was reported on Madison and Castro. Two juveniles reportedly kicked a cat and ran off.
Thursday, Oct. 11
- 7:44 a.m.: Petty theft was reported on Key Route. A men's Schwinn 21-speed red bicycle with yellow and black trailer on the back was taken.
- 8:43 a.m.: An entering and occupying property without consent was reported on Solano. A homeless man was sleeping in a parking lot.
- 9:59 a.m.: An entering and occupying property without consent was reported on Solano. A man in his 50s at about 6 ft. tall was consistently trespassing on the property.
- 12:46 p.m.: Vandalism was reported at Casper's Hot Dogs on San Pablo. A BB gun hole was found in front of the entry door.
- 8 p.m.: Theft was reported at BevMo! A 25-year-old wearing a black beanie, black t-shirt and blue jeans took a bottle of Grey Goose vodka.
- 11:26 p.m.: A robbery was reported on Solano and San Pablo. A cab driver was hit in the head next to Club Montero's.
Wednesday, Oct. 10
- 7:09 a.m.: An entering and occupying property without consent was reported on Kains regarding a transient man outside an apartment building.
- 11:04 a.m.: A suspicious circumstance was reported on San Pablo. A Korean woman accidentally bumped into a man who then punched her in the face — in her left-eye area the night before around 9:15 p.m.
- 5:58 p.m.: An entering and occupying property without consent was reported at the Albany Cinema on Solano. A homeless person was reportedly in the parking lot with a mattress.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
- 9:13 a.m.: A complaint was filed on Curtis against a neighbor who reportedly was growing a massive number of marijuana plants in shed in the backyard. The neighbor said she smelled a distrinctive skunk smell and knows the neighbor has a medical marijuana card but claims the neighbor has more than three personal plants in their possession.
- 5:33 p.m.: A suspicious circumstance was reported on Waterfront Park near Buchannon. A man was reportedly pointing what appeared to be a rifle near a fire pit.
- 11:04 p.m.: Entering and occupying property without consent was reported at the Albany cinema on Solano. The subject was sleeping in the rear lot by the dumpsters. An arrest was made.